Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Toronto Green Fashion Show


I love fashion.  

I love it SO, SO much.  Now, I know it is not the most environmentally friendly industry out there.  As a matter of fact, it contributes a lot of detrimental impact.

But hear me out: fashion is a powerful medium.  That is why I am a supporter of eco-fashion.  A few years ago, while studying in London, I fused my love for fashion with my interest in sustainability and dove head first into the eco-fashion scene.  Since then, I have been following eco-fashion...obsessively.

Carrie Hayes featured green designs at Fashion Takes Action, a night dedicated to sustainable fashion in Toronto. Carrie, along with several other talented designers like, Thieves, Amie Luxury, and Eugenia Designs, designed three outfits using sustainable fabrics.  

I applaud these designers for experimenting with alternative fabrics. Thanks for leading the way...

No comments: